I made some new frame pieces to go with the underside of the frame head today, then assembled the thing with bolts and screws ahead of its tow to National Budget. I also seem to have lost my new master cylinder, which is strange and irritating.
Relieved to fit where the “hat” is still there, marked for the existing through bolt.Now it will stay put. So I install the pan piece to see how everything fits, and pull it all together with some bolts, screws and threaded rod.Then it comes off and I get some angle iron…or I would have, if I had any. This stuff will have to do.
Another piece for the weak side here. I was going to try to get it to tuck inside, but that looks like a lot more work, and this outside location seems to have clean metal to weld to and the room to do it.
There is a space inside the tunnel where the angled reinforcement joins the main tunnel that will need a piece of flat plate welded to it. I cleaned it up and will assume Mike has a little flat stock there. or I’ll bring him some heavy gauge plate.
I buttoned up the piece again. Gaps in the front where I stupidly ground away the old welds. I hope he’s got some filler rod.
In the middle of all this I thought I’d remove the master cylinder to give the welders an easier time of it. I went to find the Brazilian-made MC I bought back in 2011, figuring that’ll go in when Bridget comes back, and I’ll just roll into the disk brake job.
But darned if I could find the master cylinder. Found two sets of brake shoes, hardware kit for the brake drums, two new rear wheel cylinders I’ve not yet got around to installing–even a full new kit of hard lines! And of course the new disk kit–which does not come with a new MC.
I wonder where it could be.