71 degrees?! More fender-stretch!

Mid February in Maryland is not usually shorts & T-shirt weather, but there you go. I had a few hours on Saturday and Sunday so I got a little more done on Bridget. Painted the new spare tire carrier. Got the body filler all-but-done.

IMG_8113.JPG

The fenders are shaping up nicely. The “problem child” driver’s front is pretty much right. The passenger front just needs a little bit more on top to round it out. The rears are very close to right—filling pinholes and such now and starting with the 150 grit. The scuttle top is good, and so is the rear valance and engine cover.

IMG_8116.JPG

IMG_8107.JPG

IMG_8109.JPG

We’re now into the sand, sand, sand part of the process (though I still have to get a bit of fiberglassing done on the front valance and underneath the floor pan). While the sun was out I decided to go ahead and shoot the new spare carrier with the Duplicolor rattlecan.

IMG_8102.JPG

Never forget the underneath!

IMG_8103.JPG

This was a quick & dirty job. I blew off the dust, wiped it down with acetone, sprayed five coats of color, no color sanding.

Then I shot three coats of clear over that. IMG_8106.JPG

Most of this thing is hidden behind the spare tire. I think it looks appropriately…metal.

 

Advertisements

About stuntmidget

I'm a poor mechanic and general wisenheimer. I love old cars and the stories behind them, true or not.
This entry was posted in Fixes, Improvements and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s