Good enough for who it’s for.
So I 600’d the first few coats and washed the car and then wet-blocked with 800 and I didn’t like that so I went up to 1500 finally.
Discovered I was melting the hell out of my top coats with the acetone when I went after the overspray, so I ended up blocking all that too, which means it now looks like crap, which is about what I should have expected when I didn’t take the time to mask it all each time. Oh well.
I shot color yesterday morning and had a heck of a scare. It clouded up awful.
Paint wouldn’t cover so I cleared it and that clouded too. So I stopped and went to the innerwebs for knowledge. Learned that high humidity sometimes causes enamels to suck up moisture. A lot of guys were saying you gotta sand it down and start again on a sunny day.
Then I found some dipshit biker who did a YouTube video. He started with a gray part that was supposed to be black. He hit it with a heat gun et voila! All good. So I plugged in my heat gun and got to work.
And it didn’t work at all.
So I went grocery shopping and had lunch. And when I went back out to look at it and ponder some more, the paint was fine. Or anyway, good enough. Not cloudy.
So I persisted. Here’s what we have about now:
Gonna wash it today and then leave it a week before I start cutting with the wheel. The hood will need the most attention but even it’s not bad. And the cut lines are pretty low. The trouble spots will probably be those I didn’t shoot, and I’ve got some clear for those if needed.
All in all, I’m calling it good.