Cleanup and paint fail

Rolled Bridget out of the lift bay today to blow some of the dust off.

IMG_8204.JPG

Used the air compressor, then the hose, then the carwash bucket ands the carwash soap and then the hose again.

IMG_8213.JPG

That looked great.

Then I went to work with the wet sanding. Started with 220 but it seemed harsher than the fine standing sponge I’d been using dry so I¬†switched to 400. Cross-hatch blocked the scuttle, the hood, and each fender a couple times.

Needed more spot putty so I did that. Worked on the front valance and the steering-shaft- hider thing too. Painted the plastic parts of that with a primer/adhesion promoter and then shot color. Meh. It’ll do.

After blocking again with 400 I went over the fenders with the primer and then the adhesion promoter and then shot the color again. I think going in and out of the garage, into the bright sun, made it hard to see what I was doing. After my eyes adjusted and the paint dried I could see a ton of swirl and sand scratch. It’s just not there yet.

IMG_8214.JPG

Still, a lot of progress today. IMG_8215.JPG

Bumped the key and she started right up.

I’ll get some 320 and more 400, and some 600, and get after it during the week.

Hope they stocked more paint…

 

Advertisements

About stuntmidget

I'm a poor mechanic and general wisenheimer. I love old cars and the stories behind them, true or not.
This entry was posted in Fixes, Improvements and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Cleanup and paint fail

  1. It’s coming together nicely. Looks good.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s