Painting finis

Good enough for who it’s for.IMG_8318.JPG

Continue reading

Advertisements
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Painting

So I wet-block sanded with 400 about half a dozen times over the past week, then found more pinholes and such and puttied them, then repeat and etc.

Finally today I just said “screw it,” and shot the “sealer” coat.

IMG_8274.JPGIMG_8275.JPG

This is all Duplicolor rattle cans because I am unaccountably afraid of my old-school Devilbiss sprayers and the 2k primer-sealer I bought a couple months ago with this job in mind.

I washed the car and dried it, then waited a while and then tack-ragged it. As you can see, I totally skimped on the tape job, because I’m an idiot who believes compounding out overspray is faster and easier than masking, mainly because it’s a thing we do tomorrow instead of today. I’m like that.

IMG_8276.JPG

Hood and scuttle. I shot the whole hood but most of it is already painted. Hoping I pulled all the wax out of it with the acetone and sand-blocking routine.

IMG_8277.JPG

And here it is wet. Two coats in. Gonna wet sand with 600, then peel the tape off and shoot over a couple more coats before clear. Hoping it covers.

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Cleanup and paint fail

Rolled Bridget out of the lift bay today to blow some of the dust off.

IMG_8204.JPG

Continue reading

Posted in Fixes, Improvements | Tagged , , , , | 1 Comment

Wheels on

Got the back wheels on tonight.

IMG_8198.JPG

IMG_8199.JPGIMG_8200.JPG

Thinking I got this…

BEFORE:

img_6972

AFTER:

IMG_8197.JPG

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Wheels back on (temporarily)

Trying to get Bridget back to “roller” status so I headed out to the garage this evening to put the front hubs on.

Need to pop them off first to install the bolt-studs for the wire wheel adaptors. Then this happened.IMG_8191

 

Continue reading

Posted in Fixes, Improvements | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Fender (home) Stretch

For the past month or six weeks I’ve been chipping away at Bridget’s body work. Fill and sand, fill and sand. Today I got it good enough I figured I’d shoot some primer.

IMG_8174

Continue reading

Posted in Fixes, Improvements | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Filler progress, and hiding the steering shaft

Spent a few more hours this weekend sanding and smoothing, working the filler. We’re about four or five filler applications past where I thought I’d be done, but I’ve got down to mixing a little fiberglas resin into the Gripped filler to make it flow. Shouldn’t be long now.  Continue reading

Posted in Fixes, Improvements | Tagged , , | 2 Comments